Property Custody Division
The Property Custody Division is responsible for securely maintaining and storing evidence of crimes, safekeeping, and found property for the Purcell Police Department. Property Custody plays a critical role in supporting investigations, assisting in the successful prosecution at criminal and civil trials, and ensuring the proper chain of custody.
Hours of Operation for Retrieval of Items
Monday through Thursday
1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (by appointment only)
Other times are available upon request and availability
The following information is needed to retrieve items:
- Arresting Officer
- Case number
- Date of Offense
- Description of Property
To Pick Up Property
No property will be released until proper authorization has been granted from the investigating officer, detective, or the court of jurisdiction. Call 405-527-4627 to schedule an appointment and determine what will be required to obtain your property. Appointments must be made in advance so that we may have your items available and ready for pick up.
The following are things to keep in mind when you are picking up property:
- Alcohol and ammunition will not be released.
- Bring a copy of Power of Attorney (if applicable).
- Bring a copy of Summary Order/Court Order (if applicable).
- If you received a “Property Owner’s Notification” card, please bring that with you to your appointment.
- Some items or property may require special handling instructions (for example, firearms).
- You may not pick up property for another person unless you have a notarized statement from that person.
- You must appear in person and present a valid picture identification card (Driver's License, State issued identification card or Passport).
Safekeeping / Found Property
- Found Property will be held for 90 days, after 90 days items will be disposed of in accordance with Purcell Police Department (PPD) policy.
- Items taken for safekeeping will be held for 60 days, after 60 days items will be disposed of in accordance with PPD policy.